Saving the best until last….
This is the final vCatchup of 2012, and I’ve saved the best until last as my very special guest is non other than Dr Stephen Herrod who’s the Chief Technology Officer at VMware @herrod.
I’d like to thank Stephen for agreeing to catchup with me and I look forward to the chance of speaking with him again in 2013.
I used vForum as my testbed for vCatchup as I’d have the opportunity to interview a wide range of people from well know international guests, through to locals who have already began establishing a community presence for themselves.
This is kind of a disclaimer, as these interviews are the beginning of a journey / introductory attempt for me at interviewing. I have previously been the interviewee on a few Chinwags but not a one-on-one interviewer, my only other experience as an interviewer has been hosting the APACVirtual podcast, so please join me on this road (I’ll get better, I promise).
Enjoy the conversation and please provide some feedback!
You can subscribe to the YouTube channel:
You can also subscribe to the iTunes audio podcast and listen to all the vCatchups as they become available:
Or if you’re not iTunes inclined here’s the RSS Feed:
Here are the raw links to the Audio/Video files:
Also, here are a list of the questions we discussed:
- Tell me about your most unforgettable vForum experiences past and present. What brings you to vForum Sydney 2012?
- In your opinion, what was the most exciting announcement/s at VMworld this year?
- What is the VMware CTO Office most excited to talk about? Of all the latest in innovation, what are you personally most passionate and excited about?
- Tell me about your commitment to support the user group and what the group means to you personally?
- What is your vision of SDDC? How does it compare to the “cloud”? How do you see impacting your channel / partner relationships?
- Tell us about your home lab set up, do you ‘get your hands on the tools’?
- Has there been any development on the VMTN community? Are we any closer to having licensing for our home lab environments / can the VMUG advantage subscription be developed to accommodate this?
Thanks for viewing/listening to this series of interviews, the vCatchup will return in 2013, in the meantime please spread the good word of the vCatchup!