I used vForum as my testbed for vCatchup as I’d have the opportunity to interview a wide range of people from well know international guests, through to locals who have already began establishing a community presence for themselves.
I’d like to thank Grant for agreeing to catchup with me and I look forward to seeing more of him in 2013.
This is kind of a disclaimer, as this interview is the beginning of a journey / introductory attempt for me at interviewing. I have previously been the interviewee on a few Chinwags but not a one-on-one interviewer, my only other experience as an interviewer has been hosting the APACVirtual podcast, so please join me on this road (I’ll get better, I promise).
Enjoy the conversation and please provide some feedback!
You can subscribe to my YouTube channel:
You can also subscribe to my iTunes audio podcast and listen to all my vCatchups as they become available:
Here are the raw links to the Audio/Video files:
Also, here are a list of the questions I discussed with Grant:
- Tell me about your vForum experiences past and present, why are you attending vForum 2012?
- For you what was the most exciting announcement at VMworld, what single piece of tech has go you all passionate?
- I understand you attended the Sydney VMUG, tell me about your commitment to supporting the VMware User Group / community and what it means to you personally?
- I’ve been asking everyone i talk to this question. what is your opinion on the SDDC? How does it compare to Cloud? VMware won’t be able to recruit network and storage like they have with compute, how do you see these markets developing and how will this impact our ecosystem?
- Tell us about your home lab, do you ‘get your hands on the tools’?
- Open question-any topic you want to talk about…?
I’ll be releasing more vCatchup content over the coming weeks, look out for these and please spread the good word!